Monday 3 November 2014

The Watch of Dreams



For the past couple of months I have been desperately craving some new arm candy, I felt that the one thing missing from my wardrobe was the perfect watch. I have never really been much for jewellery,other than the stunning Pandora bracelet that my husband
treated me to a while back, but there is just something about a beautiful watch that truly adds something. It can become your signature piece, something that can make any outfit your outfit. Without one, I just didn't feel my look was really complete. 

With this in mind, I began my search. I trawled through every Olivia Burton, Michael Kors and Nixon page but nothing was really doing it for me, so I did my usual and turned to Pinterest, where I came across this Skagen beauty (thank you James for treating me again!). It is everything I wanted in a watch, sleek, beautiful, classic yet modern, just downright gorgeous. Right now, I don't feel like I'll ever buy another watch again.




For me, rose gold was the only option. My rings are yellow gold but I think that mixing metals is such a good way to add dimension, as long as you do it in good measure. It also matches the hardware on my favourite handbag, which is also a staple piece of mine and frankly, who doesn't love a rose gold hue? 



The details of the watch are dreamy, it feels so heavy and expensive, yet the sleek look is what I love the most about it. Even though it boast a large face, it feels in no way masculine, the slim mesh strap gleams and gives it such a delicate and feminine feel. I have the skinniest wrists and was certain anything with a large face would look ridiculous but it sits beautifully and only compliments my petite structure. 





I just had to share my joy on this one, for me it really is an unbeatable find that I will cherish as my new signature staple. 


2 comments: