Wednesday 1 October 2014

How to Start a Blog

            

I've spent a long time debating whether or not I was capable of having the hobby I'd always dreamed of, mustering up the courage to type some words into an online document and publish it. I've dabbled in this area before, coming home from school and writing a post on my favourite band and then leaving it for months before logging in again.
I was certain nobody had read or even seen my posts. However, when looking through Google stats a few years on my page had in fact gained 180 views. 

Now, I know what you're thinking, in this huge, worldwide community, 180 page views is a drop in the ocean, but if I can gain 180 views on a few unplanned and badly thought out posts, who knows what a bit of effort might bring? Maybe nothing. Maybe 190 views. But I love this community, I love reading blogs. So here I am, setting out on a little self searching online journey into my biggest love and biggest fear: writing. 

I have spent the last six years of my life discovering and falling in love with the world that is the blogosphere, reading and rereading posts from people who have become blogging icons, and after watching a particularly inspirational video by a wonderful beauty blogger, I have decided to take the plunge. 

I talked myself out of it for a long time, telling myself I had no particular talent or specific interest to blog about, but my wonderful husband has drilled into me the importance of just trying, and has invested a huge amount of belief in me. So this is for you Jamie. And for me. A documentation of the flight of one little, insecure Paper Crane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment